Monday, November 4, 2013

Your name

I am at Starbucks, Carter and I am waiting for your dad to be done with an interview. The barista asks the guy in front of me what his name is. She stumbles so I notice the cup as she writes your name. Time feels slow as every letter written feels like a lifetime. It hits me then he has your name. Out of every name yours comes up. Earlier when we were driving I saw a car that said miracle in very bold font. Impossible for me to ignore. You are my sweet miracle baby boy. Some day I will get to hold you and see you smiling back at me. But for now I can just remember and hold onto each reminder, as if I needed it. 

Added after initial post: after I posted this the song "baby... Oh baby baby" oldies song came on the radio the second after I submitted this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment